Thursday, 9 June 2016

Learning a new language & my experience


living in a country you don't master its language, can be a huge problem. 
If you don't already know, i live in Germany however, i am not German which requires me as an English speaker to learn the language if i aim to get well living here and be a part of the German society. 

I am in the beginning of the learning process, but let me s honest it is HARD. The german language is not an easy one, i am not going to bore you with details, but seriously sometimes i feel i will never be able to professionalize this language. No matter how beautiful and sweet it sounds, it is so hard as its grammar, sentence structure and pronunciation is way toooo different than English. 

However, i am loving this language and have set for myself the goal of learning it. because it is necessary for me in order to be able to live here without having "language barrier struggles" 


So my journey in learning the German language have started by me learning on my own. I have downloaded the app "Duolingo" and started using it daily. 
It has helped me in a great way, i totally recommend it when learning a new language. It is interactive, simple and FREE which makes it way more worth the try. 
It has levels and some how covers everything you need to learn about the basics of any language. 
In my case, it has helped me understand the small and simple fragments of the German language which has really taken away my fear of how i am going to memorize so many words and understand so much complicated grammar. 


Another thing i would recommend, is enrolling in a learning course. I wish i have done this earlier, but when i first have moved in here, i was so overwhelmed with my new life and by everything; that the last thing i wanted was to go and learn this so hard language "my thoughts at that time

Right now i am enrolled in a course, at the end of July i would finish it. It is just a beginner, but let me say it i am so much better, i speak, i understand and read most of the words i see. Of course am no where near being fluent but at least i can ask, answer and say what i want in a supermarket for example without being "umm am sorry i speak only English :{"

practice, read and make mistakes: those are the main keys for learning. I watch movies in German with English subtitles, when i am out i try to speak in German, i make huge mistakes but still people understand what i am trying to say. I learn this way, so you can. 

Sometimes, it gets way too much; you feel like no matter how much you are trying, still the language is too big, too hard and not understandable but wait, you have gone through a lot and learnt many words. BE PROUD and continue. you will learn it. 

i hope this post could encourage you to continue or start learning a new language, it is hard but so worth it.

Have you ever learnt a new language? what are your tips? 
and which languages are you able to speak? 
let's have a chat

Thank you for reading 
❤︎
JULIE 

Last Post: HERE

Don't forget to,

Follow this blog HERE (Bloglovin')
Follow my Instagram HERE



13 comments:

  1. Great tips for learning a new language. Such a cute flat lay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you for your lovely and sweet words. Lots of love.
      Xoxo

      Delete
  2. 4 years ago I started secondary school and I chose German as the obligatory language that we had to choose. At first it was difficult but you will get the hang of it. Don't give up everything is hard at first, practice it quite frequently and you'll be speking it in no time. Viel Gluck! (which means good luck if you didn't know haha)
    Nice post :)xx

    beautydreamcatcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooow this is soo sweet. Actually i don't give up easily, so i will keep on learning. You are right, the more i knew about this language the more i fell in love with its hard yet so beautiful structure. Thank you for those lovely words, indeed they made me feel great about learning.

      Dankeschön, ich habe verstande was "Viel Gluck" auf Englisch ist.
      Lots of love xoxo

      Delete
  3. Great post, very nice that you learn german! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Johanna :* it means a lot for me. Are you German?

      Kisses

      Delete
  4. Great! I am very proud of you that you want to learn such a difficult language. I know German isn't easy with all grammar and the Strukturen of the sentences. But i think you can do it!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much, your lovely and encouraging words mean a lot for me. Yea it is hard but sometimes you just need to do what is right. You are German i feel? Because of the word "strukturen"

      Thank you for commenting <3

      Delete
  5. Oh yes i am German hihi<3 my automatic correction said Strukturen instead of structure ;)*<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe it is totally ok <3 thank you

      Delete
  6. you sound like such an amazing person. Half of my family is german and i also have trouble with speaking the language. I also like the fact that our names are nearly identical :)
    and good luck with your german learning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww you are so sweet :* thank you so much for your kind words. Yes our names almost the same :)) also, German is hard so i think we will always struggle and make mistakes haha but it is a lovely language and worth the try <3

      Delete
  7. Lovely post you are motivating me to learn spanish now hh thank you ♡

    Todaysouhaila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete